The LEDs of latest generation - COB LEDs – achieve very high temperatures which could put strainon the conventional polymers such as PMMI, PMMA and PC. The typical features of silicone make silicone lenses perfect for outdoor applications or indoor applications in damp and wet environments:
• High temperature resistant; considerably reduce the yellowing effect.
• NO need for extra protection: glass or gasket for IP.
• As an isotropic material, silicone provides the lenses with high flexibility allowing easy fit to the final application.
• As an elastomer, silicone provides the lens with an excellent compensation capability that well meets the requirements of construction mechanical tolerances in the final application.
Optimized for most popular COB LEDs. Designed for Street Light applications, comply with IESNA Standards: Type I - Type II - Type III - Type IV - Type V, Short or Medium light distribution depending on the LED used; ME3a. Excellent in any application in Wide Area Lighting, Outdood andIndoor. Preserve and enhance the typical characteristics of silicone.
Optic type: FREE FORM LENSES, engineered by using new optical techniques; manufactured byusing the latest in cold injection-moulding.
Beam Angles: 1 rotosymmetrical, 3 asymmetric, 1 axiallysymmetrical in x, y (rectangular spot).
Size: 111mm (w) x 110mm (l) x 32/35mm (h).
Optic Features: excellent transparency; high optical efficiency; no birefringence; high temperatureresistant; flexibility at low temperatures; UV-resistant; no yellowing effect; easy fit to the finalapplication; no need for extra protection such as glass or gasket for IP in case of head-pole; micro-crack resistant under harsh environmental conditions; immersion-proof; explosion-proof.
SIO3 Silicone Lenses are designed to comply with IP and IK rating.
SIO3 Silicone Lenses for COB LEDs
|Download the Product Brief in PDF format >>|
|View all Products >>|
|Show Video >>|
Optional for SIO3 Silicone Lenses:
SIO3 Silicone Lens is supplied without the holder. The holder is optional and will be supplied only on request under the KE177614 (Material: PC) part number or under the KE177614ALU (Material: Aluminium) part number.
SIO3 Silicone Lens is supplied without the holder with connector. The holder with connector by Bender-Wirth is optional, available only on request.
KHATOD WINS AGAIN!
KHATOD won the SAPPHIRE AWARDS 2015 in SSL enabling technologies category with its SIO3 Silicone Lenses for COB LEDs.
The SAPPHIRE AWARDS 2015 is promoted by LEDs MAGAZINE, leader in communications for LED Lighting and organizer of major events related to the LED Lighting, just as the Strategies In Light USA.
The reasons and the recognitions of the jury which determined the award to Khatod, are really important:
- “The SIO3 is a story of intense research and development both in the material science and optics areas.”
- “A judge said, “It’s a new take on the molding process. Solves some of the optical issues for using COBs in outdoor lighting at low cost.”
- “About the research process, another judge said the company delivered “an innovative solution with lots of work and testing behind these lenses.”